This morning I had an email from Apple informing me they had shipped my new MacBook Pro. Among the many new features in this notebook are
- LED backlight display for lower power consumption and longer life
- Santa Rosa chipset for fast 800MHz frontside bus
- A 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
- 4MB of L2 cache memory shared between the 2 cores
- Base memory configuration of 2GB RAM, upgradeable to 4GB
- 802.11n Wi-Fi
In addition, like previous MacBook Pro models you get a firewire 800 port, a firewire 400 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, the model I chose has the 15.4-inch (diagonal), 1440 by 900 resolution, TFT widescreen LED backlit display.
This is a killer notebook configuration that should not require any upgrades or add-ons, and as I type this Amazon.com is now offering this model for under $2,000.
I can’t wait until my new MacBook Pro gets here, but I guess I’ll have to
[tags]MacBook Pro, Santa Rosa chipset, LED backlight, Apple, Hardware review, notebook[/tags]